Please note that the following information on copyright is intended as a guide only. The information is not a comprehensive statement of the law and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
The ERA Licence permits recordings of broadcasts to be made for non-commercial educational use. This does not extend to subscription or pay per view services. The ERA Licence therefore covers scheduled free to air radio and television broadcast content. These are (but are not limited to):
- BBC television and radio (BBC1, 2, 3 and 4)
- ITV Network services (including ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, STV and UTV)
- Channel Four, E4, More 4 and Film 4
- Five television (including 5USA and 5Star)
- AETN (History 1 & 2, Lifetime and Crime & Investigation)
Please also submit any questions you feel may be relevant to the FAQ page.