Acas updates its guidance on holiday, sickness and leave
Acas has provided new guidance for employers and employees on managing holiday entitlement, sickness absence and other leave. The holiday and sickness absence sections include:
- Checking holiday entitlement.
- Checking sick pay.
- Fit notes and proof of sickness.
- Getting a doctor’s report about an employee’s health.
- Covid: advice for employers and employees.
There is also updated guidance on other types of leave and absence including:
- Time off for dependants.
- Time off work for bereavement.
- Time off work for parents (which includes maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave).
The full toolkit can be accessed on the Acas website here.
Need support with your HR?
Our support means you can focus on education, while we take care of your organisation’s HR needs.
The sickness section of our CEFMi website contains model policies and related model letters and forms. Get a free trial of CEFMi – a comprehensive resource for school managers containing over 7,000 pages of text, including over 170 policies written specifically for schools.