New Health and Safety Executive (HSE) talking toolkit
The HSE has issued helpful guidance to assist employers support workers with long-term health conditions and disabilities. It includes questions to help employers have conversations with workers, focusing on the following seven principles:
- Create a supportive and enabling workplace.
- Take an inclusive approach to workplace health.
- Understand the work barriers that impact on workers.
- Make suitable workplace adjustments or modifications.
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Use effective and accessible communication.
- Support sickness absence and return to work.
The guidance can be found here Support disabled workers and workers with long-term health conditions in work – HSE.
The pdf toolkit can be found here Talking toolkit – Support disabled workers and workers with long-term health conditions in work – HSE.
Need support with your HR?
Our support means you can focus on education, while we take care of your organisation’s HR needs.
The health, welfare and safety, capability, equality, sickness and FAQ sub-sections of the personnel section of our CEFMi website contains model policies, information, guidance, checklists and related letters and forms. Get a free trial of CEFMi – a comprehensive resource for school managers containing over 7,000 pages of text, including over 170 policies written specifically for schools.